Capt. John Mecionis is the principle surveyor for Sound Shore Marine Surveyors. He has grown up on Long Island and has been involved in boating since the early age of 11. He spent his summers on the water and the winters preparing the family boat for the next season.
After graduating from High School he joined the U.S Navy where he became the Leading Petty Officer in the electrical division on a rescue and salvage ship. He was also qualified to stand Engineering Officer of The Watch and was in charge of repair party 3, which involved fire fighting and hull repair.
Capt. John has been averaging over 150 surveys a year with an emphasis on Pre-purchase surveys.
- Member of the Society of Accredited Marine Surveyors®, AMS
- Member of the International Association of Marine Investigators
- Licensed U.S. Coast Guard Master Captain
- 50 ton near coastal rating, towing endorsement
- Member ABYC (American Boat and Yacht Council)
- ABYC Master Marine Technician
- ABYC Certified Electrical Technician
- ABYC Standards Certified Advisor
- ABYC Certified Corrosion Technician
- 25 years experience in damage appraisals
- 20 years experience handling insurance claims
- U.S. Navy veteran